Thursday 26 March 2015

Evaluation Question 5 - How did you attract/address your audience?

Not only this but, as stated in the question below, to attract my target audience, I firstly thought about what appealed to me, considering I was part of my target audience when it came to age. I looked at a variety of different music magazines and articles, as well as features that came with each m#part, for examples the colours used, text chosen and what makeup was used on any artists. I noticed that I was drawn to bold colours and images, hence the final colour scheme that I chose was yellow, black and white. I also noted that plainer fonts were easier to read than fancy, handwriting style ones. They also caught my eye much quicker. I also found that I liked double page spreads that featured artists being interviewed, and information on upcoming tours caught my eye etc. However, my most favourite articles on artists, in particular with double page spreads, were artists that talked about how they got to where they are now, hence my final decision to include an interview with my featured artist and also information on their background and why they decided to go into music etc. Because of the fact that I liked clear, bright photos of artists when I was researching about what I found attractive when it came to looking at magazines, I ultimately used a large, bright photo of my artist wearing a yellow dress, so as to catch my audiences eye. As my magazine is mainly focused on the mod/indie rock genre, I w#have attended many local gigs around my area that play new artists, at places such as pubs near where I live, and also places like Fruit and Adelphi in Hull. I would do this so, if I decided upon featuring that artist, I would give a first hand explanation of what I liked about the artist and if they were worth going to see, which would then make my readers feel as if they wanted to go to a gig that I enjoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment