Thursday 26 March 2015

Evaluation Question 2 - How does your media product represent particular social groups?

] The target audience for my music magazine is 14-30 years old. Both my friends and I fall into this category, so I talked to them about their opinions on indie rock music, in particular mod music. This can be found in my audience research. This age group is typically represented in the Social economic table as category C1, C2, D and E. On the whole, it is likely that people in this group will have little to no income, therefore the magazine will remain at a low price of around £2. This is appropriate as it is not too high a price, and at the same time not too low a price, meaning that my audience knows that they are paying for quality as well as quantity. When speaking to my audience, most of them wanted to know about new album releases and upcoming tours etc, so featured stories reviewing new albums and dates of specific tours were included in my magazine so that it was more appealing to my target audience. Not only this, but my audience answered that they would like a section of the magazine to be dedicated to an artists or group each week, so, I conformed to their wishes by selecting a few pages to write about Arctic Monkeys. This sort of age group are also more likely to use digital services, meaning that it would be important to allow an electronic version of my magazine to be published. This, in general, is relatively cheap to set up and will allow me to include any extras necessary, such as streaming of my main artists live performances or any interviews that want to be shown. I would also add link sot pages and apps such as Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr and Instagram so my audience can feel personally involved with the artists. I would feature artists in my magazine that have a similar age range to that of my target audience, and these artists, as stated before, will be new. This means that it is likely that they will want more interaction with the audience through exposure, in particular web chats and having the audience ask them questions etc. I would also include information and tickets and tours, meaning that any artists I feature will be able to promote themselves even more. I have also, on the front cover, included prizes such as winning tickets to see artists and the offer to get a £5 iTunes voucher so as to attract a target audience of my age range, as iTunes appeal to teenagers and younger adults. This therefore means that my magazine would appeal to more people, gaining not only me more profit but also any new artists more profit, particularly due to the fact that the audience will be likely wanting to know more about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment