Wednesday 26 November 2014

Costume Design

When it came to hair and make-up, I decided that I wanted to use bright colours on the body, however have relatively plain, straight outfits, hence why I have chosen the a line dresses; these reflect the typical 60s style. This meant that I wanted to have more focus on the eye make-up as well as the hair, so instead of just doing typical winged eyeliner, I decided that I wanted to make the eyes as big and as bold as possible. To do this, I researched the most well known model of the 1960s called Twiggy, and looked closely at how boldly and brightly her eye make-up was done. I found both pictures and a YouTube tutorial to make sure that I am getting it as close to Twiggy's look as possible: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oF9XoqLyBg8 I also decided that I wanted to go big with the hair, and again decided that I wanted to go for a typical 1960s hairstyle, and, at that time, it would have been a large beehive. I did, however decide upon doing a slightly smaller beehive so that the attention was drawn towards the eye make-up. I again found both pictures and a YouTube tutorial on how to create it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuukNqeutTA

No comments:

Post a Comment